While staying in Bangkok, Thailand for 3 years, we did not manage to go to the most Southern part of Thailand due to its distance from Bangkok. But now that we have returned to Malaysia, its not that far away. So, we have decided to drive up.
There are many benefits of driving e.g. it gives us a lot of flexibility and possibility of adventure into small little towns, waterfalls and places which are not "touristic". Enjoying some of the local small towns. Cheap accommodation.
We didn't really draw up the whole route but we tried to be flexible.
Following were the route taken:
- Day 1 - Selangor to Alor Star, Kedah
- Day 2 - Alor Star to Thailand via Wang Kelian. Overnight in Pak Bara, La-ngu, Satun
- Day 3 - Pakbara to Had Samran, Trang
- Day 4 - Had Samran, Trang to Pak Meng Beach, Trang
- Day 5 - At Pak Meng Beach, Trang
- Day 6 - Pak Meng Beach, Trang to Khanom Beach, Nakhon Si Thammarat
- Day 7 - At Khanom Beach, Nakhon Si Thammarat
- Day 8 - Khanom Beach, Nakhon Si Thammarat To Town of Nakhon Si Thammarat
- Day 9 - Town of Nakhon Si Thammarat to Hat Yai
- Day 10 - In Hat Yai
- Day 11 - Hat Yai to Home Sweet Home
The above trip was taken from 23 Dec 2009 to 2 Jan 2010.