Not accompanied by family or friends. It felt a little weird. But anyhow, I took a brave step to spend some time in Melbourne, Australia with my Sister.
In fact, I have not gone on holiday alone with my sister for the last 15 years. Its always been with the family tagging along. Both hers and mine.
I am not sure if I will get the opportunity to blog the whole 19 days of the trip but I will make a brief outline of what I did:
- Peninsula Hot Springs: We went for a spa at the hot spring. It was amazing because the weather was so cold (according to me, the Asian) and the water was so hot. So, it was very nice and relaxing.
- Had a nice "yam cha" session with my cousin brother who has just relocated to Melbourne. I have not met him for 25 years or more.
- Great Ocean Road: Beautiful drive along the Great Ocean Road and visited the famous 12 Apostles.
- Victoria Market: Summer Wednesday night market
- Batesmans Bay, Lakes Entrance & Eden: Drove along the coastal road and spent a few nights along the beach.
- Fruit picking: Cherry, rasberry and blueberry. Awesome!!!
- Tour Melbourne City: Spent a whole day in the city - sitting on free tourist bus going around the city. Eating Italian food, gelato, souvlaki on Lygon St.
- Read 2.5 books - Patricia Cornwell & Bryce Courtnay
It was a relaxing holiday and I did nothing stressful or tiring. I ate a lot and laughed even more.
Thanks, Sis, for being a wonderful host and taking time to spend it with me, it was precious and memorable for me. Looking forward to more trips together!
Sure didn't feel like it! *shivers*
Panning for gold
My trip was taken from Dec 3 to 22. I missed the children loads but we spoke almost daily on skype. The chocolates and lollies which I purchased for them made it all good ;-).