Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Happenings & Observations While in Singapore

I thought I will give a brief update about my trip...


16 June 2008, Monday


I arrived in Singapore at about 5pm on Thai Airways. Since my friend was busy, I volunteered to take a taxi.


I waited a the taxi queue and it was a short wait... no queue :-)


A taxi driver opened his boot. Since I had 2 baggage, one light and the other heavy, I lugged the small one into the truck of the car, silently expecting the taxi driver to assist me with the heavier one. He just stood there and stared at me. Fine. I struggled with the heavier baggage. After my third try and still could not get that heavy luggage into the trunk, he suddenly realised that he might have to stand there all night staring if he does not help. At last, he decided to help. Wow! Smart fellow.


This is my unforgettable "warm" welcome to Singapore.... which gave me chills.



******************


The same evening, we went out for dinner at a foodcourt nearby my friend's place. I had "Mee Rebus", Hokkien Mee, Mee Suah with pig liver and Bah kut teh. After the "warm" welcome at the airport, I feel comforted by the familiar Malaysian food.

No comments: