Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Penang Part 2

As most people would agree, one of the hi-light of any trip are the food choices along the highway - roadstops. Whether is it during pee stops or meal time.


A trip is not complete without some kind of memorable food, right? My favorite is always Malay food. I used to love the nasi lemak. Unfortunately I realised that of recent, after a meal of nasi lemak for breakfast, I always look for a bed to doze off .... Not a good idea. So, I keep those occasion as rare as possible.


A plate of rice topped with lemak paku pakis, sambal belacan, asam pedas with okra, cucumbers and some raw green leafy veges. That was pretty nice, I must admit. But its more rice than I would have preferred. And the meal ended with a nice teh tarik.


Toilet along the high way was clean. For a change. The little things in life, can bring so much joy.


After that hearty meal, I was already fantasizing about the food I can savor in Penang. After all, I have not been there for more than 3 years now. I think 5 years.


If I get the chance, I will post some photos for you... especially for the benefit of my Bangkokian friends ;-)


To be continued .....


No comments: