Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

"I'm glad that I'm not a woman"

"I'm glad that I'm not a woman", exclaimed Joel.


Hmm.....


Should I feel happy or insulted?


Happy - because he is so confident of his manhood. There are untold numbers of young men in Thailand who aspires to be a female. You can see teenage boys wearing make-up. Its an awful sight. Trust me.


Insulted - because he doesn't want to be like Mummy. Haha. I should be so glad!


"Why are you glad you're not a woman?" I asked.


"Because I don't have to give birth to babies. So painful", explained Joel.


"Yeah. You are so fortunate. I am glad for you too," I agreed.


As much as I have accepted my womanhood, I do agree to a certain level that being a male has many advantages.


In the Asian culture, eventhough most women work, yet, they are expected to juggle their family lives simultaneously. Not only there are children to be taken care but housekeeping, cooking, marketing and the general well-being of the family is usually undertaken by the women.


In some countries, the women are really oppressed. Its really sad.


Are my Sons really fortunate born male?

1 comment:

Angela said...

It is good he is glad to be a boy. You wouldn't want to have to replace all his clothes if he changed his mind.