Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Horn! Horn!

I officially received my first horn while trying to park this morning.


I was trying to reverse my car into a carpark. I probably took 15 seconds to do it. Immediately was horned by the car waiting and then a cold stare by the passenger.


I have experienced extreme patience for the last 3 years in Thailand. Nobody horns anyone for parking there. People might even stop to help you direct your parking. But not horn. The downside of that is... everyone takes their time on the road :-) People stop their car in the middle of the road, walk out and try to pay for parking ticket! I experienced it personally. I was too shocked to horn.


We have a private joke in Thailand whenever we hear someone horn on the road. We will usually comment, "That's a Malaysian lah"



Can't get the best of both worlds.

No comments: