Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

More on Lawyer "Buruk"

This is a continuation story about my blog post on "Lawyer "Buruk"". I didn't think I had anything more to write... unfortunately I was wrong.


A few days ago, I faxed a letter to my Purchaser's lawyer and following is the exact letter....


******************


Dear Sir


Payment of Remaining Sum from The Purchaser’s Bank



I would like to request that all remaining sum from the Purchaser’s bank to be paid directly to my current account MBB xxxxxxxx.


Please do not pay into my lawyer, Mr Ong’s account. The reason being, the deposit which was earlier paid to us via his account, the monies was taken from us without consent or knowledge of myself, my wife, the Purchaser, the Purchaser’s lawyer, my real estate agent or father-in-law (who was in communication with him).


After some investigation and much panic, we discovered that Mr Ong took the amount of RM2,000 which we thought was lost. I do not want a similar incident to re-occur. I am sorry to have to admit that I cannot trust my own lawyer.


Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require any clarifications at 012-xxxxx.


Yours sincerely,



My Hubby's Name


c.c. Mr Ong (My lawyer)



*****************


Honestly, I wasn't sure what kind of reaction to expect from Mr Ong. All I wanted to do was to ensure that the initial incident does not re-occur and we do not give opportunities for Mr Ong to "pay" himself again. I think anyone in my position would have done that and more.



Upon receipt of the fax, Mr Ong called my FIL and verbally abused him on the telephone, threatening to sue us and him....accused my FIL of approving the "payment" to himself amounting to RM2,000.00 and other stuffs... Poor man, almost 70 years old couldn't take it and hung up the phone.



Mr Ong also tried to call my Hubby various times. Surely to continue the verbal abuse. Of course, smarty-pants, my Hubby will not allow such a thing. He is very clever in drawing boundaries. So, he refused to pick up the calls.



It was like New Year's Day because Mr Ong has never called my hubby or myself since the day we engaged him as a lawyer..... while in Thailand or after we returned to Malaysia. Out of the blue, he now feels the need to "communicate".



It is so obvious that his ego was pricked. What an insecure man! By right, we should be the people who complains about him but instead he wants to sue us???!!! For what? On what basis he has a case? I have not exaggerated any of the things I wrote on my blog post. I have kept all my SMS messages, emails, communications or lack of it with him and etc. I even have my Purchaser, real estate agent and FIL as witnesses to his incompetence and arrogance.



Bring it on!


2 comments:

CY said...

Wah, Chris. How come your lawyer so nasty one? I did heard about yr predicament thru SH and we hope that this issue will settle soonest. Take care. CY.

Angela said...

Good luck with all the mess.