Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Life, Friends, Prayers, Victories & God

There was a time not too long ago, I was faced with one of the greatest challenge of my life. A huge brick wall. Maybe comparable to the Great Wall of China. Well, to me, it was.


I am really not one person who likes to recall bad memories or difficult moments. Who does?


I am the ever optimist!


I was facing all the
D words in the dictionary.


Discouraged, dissatisfied, distressed, disillusioned, despondent, disheartened, depressed ....


That's many
D in one sentence. Can be quite overwhelming.


Sometimes the journey of life can lead us into a section whereby its not within our control and we begin to feel helpless and hopeless. When we began the journey, it all looked so good but somehow, somewhere things begin to go wrong. Unexpected downturn.


In those moments, what do you do?


Quit?

Hide?

Turn back?

Run away?

Sit-down and cry?

All of the above, maybe.


Honestly, I didn't know what to do. I know God was there for me. He has always been there. But this time, it wasn't enough. I needed emotional support and prayers. Somehow, I knew that God was guiding me.


I have never done it before, but I began to frantically ask for prayer support (without revealing my actual struggle). I had a friend who called up to say that God asked him to pray for me... I was so touched, I knew God cared. He will help, but I just didn't know how.


To summarize the situation, God worked a miracle and the situation turned around unexpectedly.
I knew that it was because of the many prayer support I asked for.


I have learned to humble myself and ask for help when I cannot continue the journey alone. I am amazed at how many people will crowd around to lend their support.


Why the miracle?


Because of His Grace, Mercy and Love shall follow me all the days of my life...


Thank you, God. Once again, you have showed Yourself true and faithful.


1 comment:

Angela said...

Well you could be a Thesaurus

Glad things turned around.

Just gotta keep looking for those smile moments