Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Best Smell In The World

On a hot Monday afternoon, he was sitting across the table and then he walked over to my side and slipped up to my lap. We did the Math together.


4 + 6 =


I wrote on the book.


He counted and answered "10".


We did a few more of it and while waiting for him to count....


My face was just behind his little head.


I bend down and sniffed the back of his head and neck.


A mixture of shampoo, soap, sweat and body odour. I took a few deep breath and more sniffs... Just like how dogs like to smell their beloved owners...


I thought to myself... The sweaty smell of my little boy.


This is the best smell in the world... Make way Gucci, Givency....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet!

Kellan said...

Yes it is. I just did this very thing to Little Billy this afternoon when he was sitting at the dining table doing his homework - bent over and smelt the back of his neck. Sweet!

Take care and see you later - Kellan