Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

State of Emergency in Bangkok


Since yesterday, the whole of Bangkok has been declared a state of emergency.


The public schools are closed for 3 days.


I have managed to watch the news but unfortunately, cannot really understand what they are saying... its all in Thai.


This is unfortunately not good for tourism. A friend confirmed that about 30 bookings from Japanese has been canceled, last week Friday. Its going to be more with this announcement.


They were also suspecting that the Unions will join in and maybe electricity and water will be cut-off. Panic! Panic! So, I went to Tesco and stocked up on rice, canned food, water and etc.


I can now open my own grocery store with the amount of goods I purchased yesterday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you're doing fine there, in the midst of chaos.

Hello, first time visiting.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if I should stock up too, but BIL (who's been here for more than 7 years) said I was over reacting. :P
Let's pray that this will be over soon.