Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2008

About Me




I have been blogging... close to 1 year, 3 days from now.


I think its time to write a little bit more about myself.


I have always been a person who expresses better through the written word. Some things which I am not able to voice but given the chance, I could express it in a letter. I don't write as well as I would like to, both grammatically or creatively but I try.


That is why I love to blog.


To my friends, I seem to be talkative, humorous, playful, life-of-a-party kind of girl but I am actually pretty timid and shy *I can hear roaring laughter in the background and friends rolling their eyes, saying, "yeah sure"* I have been timid for most of my young life but somehow embraced my personality when I grew older. I still prefer to be low profile and working from the background, when given the chance.


I have been married to Hubby for the last 13 years and we have two boys aged 7 and 12 years old who consumes my day time in homeschooling and my nights in praying, massage of limbs, preparation of supper, hugs, kisses, reminders to go to bed and brushing teeth. The night shift ends around 10pm when I might have some "Me Time" without interruptions but then again, I am not really hopeful.


Having been in the Administrative profession most of my life, I took the plunge in the year 2000 and became a stay-home-Mum cum part-time Administrative church worker and then eventually pioneered a Brazilian football centre.


Reading has always been my all time favorite hobby. All kinds of books but especially autobiography, parenting, self-help, thriller, crime and joke books. I know, that almost covered everything.


Travelling is also my all time favorite interest. Some of the countries I have visited so far... Some parts of Europe, USA, Australia, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Israel, Jordan, whole of Malaysia and of course, Thailand. My next destination would be China and Africa, hopefully.


I was talking with Danny & Ong during lunch time today about going to China next year April 2009. Danny used to work in China and have travelled extensively there. He would be an excellent tour guide. Its a cultural and scenic tour. As much as I enjoy travelling, unfortunately, I absolutely abhor packaged tour. You know, the waking up at 6am, visit 20 places and end at 9pm. 10 countries in 12 days. I think you get the picture.


I have been a Christian since my teenage years. I have been a faithful follower of Christ ever since then. Knowing and following Him is and has been the most important and significant part of my life.


I started a new experience and journey in Bangkok since April 2006. It is and has been an exciting and an amazing journey. I look forward to blogging more about my life here. Keep tuning in.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Angela said...

I do think that is just how it happens you write one way and talk another probably similar but differently

It was good to read more about you. Traveling is fun I do hope you get out to the different countries and write about them.

Smiles!

Agnes said...

Thanks for sharing about yourself...and now i know u better.