Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Year 2007 Coming to an End

The year 2007 is coming to an end soon. A few more days to go. I am not sure what to feel or think. The year has passed so fast that I hardly noticed.

It has been a very different year. Unlike many in the past, it was a year in a new country, new friends, new church, new lifestyle, new language and new almost everything. A whole new life. Something that I have never experienced before, transplanting my life from Malaysia to another country - the whole family, far away from what has been familiar.
  • Home - When we initially arrived, I had to do all the cleaning and unpacking myself, without any helpers. Just my children and I. I had backache for a week due to that. There were heaps of unpacking and cleaning - 1 container load! Joel and Ethaniel were great helpers. Our homeschooling has trained them to work as a team.
  • Friends - Being an extrovert, I was left with a few friends and far away from my home. Bangkok being a huge city, t takes 1 to 1.5 hrs to get to anywhere. Unless you stay in the middle of the city.
  • Mobility - I used to own a car to to anywhere I wanted. But suddenly without it, I felt handicap. I had to use taxi to anywhere.
  • Family - Be far apart from family members.

I knew that I had to succeed in adapting because I knew that my experiences and emotions will influence Ivan and especially the children. I had to immerse myself into routine, in order to get some kind of normalcy for the children and I.

Life was immediately busy due to homeschooling, cooking, chores and etc. It took a big chunk out of my daily life. Somehow time just flew by. I also took the time to be free from the hustle and bustle of life to re-commit my life to God. I knew that He had to take me away from the busy life in Malaysia.

To think back, it has been tough but God has been there for me all through the way. He has been my sustainer. Where He leads, I have decided to follow.

One thing I have learnt is to trust God, seek Him, look to Him and He will never fail. So, no matter what lies ahead in 2008, I know I can trust God to be there. Change is a sure thing but so is God. In fact, I look forward to new things which God is preparing for my family and I. The road ahead is tough, that's life! The great comfort is to know that our hope is in Christ.

No comments: