Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2008

My Superson and The Super Beanie

As a mother to a son who is turning 12 years old in Oct, I have to be creative in trying to motivate him.... with the right 'carrot'. I have not been very successful in getting him to do some exercise to keep fit and healthy. I told him to jog, cycle, swim and rock climb. He likes rock climb. But we only do that once-a-week. How about the rest of the week?

So, I try to take him swimming. When we are at the swimming pool, its sooooo difficult to even get him to do 10 laps.

Just a few days ago, I told him that I will give him 5 beanies for each lap he completes. When he reaches a certain amount of beanies, it will be converted to THB500 (RM50/USD14.30). Since he was trying to accumulate enough wealth to purchase something he wants, he did an amazing 40 laps today!!!!


My Superson and the Super-Beanie.

No comments: