Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Earning Extra Cash

Joel is working hard to earn some extra cash. He wants to save up to buy some stuffs. So, immediately after studies today, he washed all the fans. Washing the fans are not part of his normal chores. So, when he does it he will get extra monies. E.g. washing the windows, toilets and fans. Each fan is B30 (RM3). He washed 6 pcs. So, by end of this week, including payment for his chore duties, he should be receiving B280 (RM28). Not too bad earnings for an 11 years old boy, eh?



I want him to know the benefit of hardwork. Its good training for him. At least he will not grow up to be a spoiled brat, lazy husband and father.

I told him that I used to wash cars for my sister's boyfriend (now husband) to earn extra cash to go for church camps. If I waxed the car, I get extra cash. My elder sister and brother used to work during school holidays as clerk and kitchen help, respectively. So, I am proud to say that all of my siblings are responsible citizens, holding good jobs and my sister is returning to University pursuing her studies in Australia and coming up top in her class! So, hardwork will always be beneficial, its the lazying around that's harmful.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: