Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Rain, Rain.... You Are Back?

I woke up this morning to the sound of raindrops. Welcome back. It has not rained since winter started some time in November 07. So, the rainy season has started. Indeed without any warning. My clothes hanging outside was totally soaked.

When it rains, it pours. They don't trickle, not in Thailand anyway. It has been so dry. The rain is good to keep the dust down.

What I have discovered, a little rain, that's all it takes to flood the roads in Bangkok. Drainage problems? Sinking city? I am not sure. Definitely the consequences are worst traffic jams. So, when it rains, change plans. No traveling into the city and always bring an umbrella.






I love the rain. It reminds me of childhood days when we did not have air-condition. Rainy days means cooling nights, nice to snuggle under the blankets and snooze away. It also meant playing in the water, after rain. There was no luxury of swimming pool then.

Water and children goes hand-in-hand. I can it see it in the life of my children. They love it too, any chance they get.
The children loves to see flood water in front of our gate. I am sure I will get a chance to take some photos of them playing in the rain, in the next few weeks. Hmm... isn't wonderful to be a child?

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Agnes said...

Hi, thank for visiting my blog. Will come back again!

The Seasonal One said...

Thanks for coming by, Agnes.