Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Why Is Human Relationships So Complicated?

Why do we have conflicts? We don't need to look far to Israel, Palestine, Iraq, Iran and etc. Just look at our own families, children, husbands, fathers, mothers, sisters, brothers, workplaces and churches.

Why are there so much of conflicts with the people we are close to? I am sure you have heard of sisters who have not spoken to each other for years because of misunderstanding.

Do you have someone whom you have not spoken to for months or years because of misunderstanding? Or do you have many people who you cannot get along with? Ask yourself, why?

Family is the most treasured commodity we have... not money, land, popularity or anything in this world. Then again, why do so many people choose money over it? Why do people allow conflicts between family members because of money?

I have no answer because money to me, is important but not more important than relationship. I will never allow money to be my god. I have never had a lot of money, its nice to have but I will never forsake my family to have more material goods. If money is a god to you, you are not worshipping the one true God. Is it not by faith we trust that God provides?

Could envy and jealousy be another reason for conflict?

Well, let's guard our hearts from allowing the above things from happening in our lives. As long as our conscience is clear and we are blameless before God, that's good enough for me.

No comments: